Can’t afford down time at your work space, have staff that is sensitive to chemicals, give us a call!
Bed bugs leave physical, financial, and often long lasting psychological effects; it is imperative that infestations are treated immediately and with the appropriate equipment to ensure total eradication. Thermal Remediation was originally intended as a means to eliminate pests found in industrial food product plants. A modified Thermal Remediation process is now being used to rid residential, commercial, and institutional properties of bed bugs all over North America.
Scientific evidence has proven that bed bugs are becoming increasingly resistant to chemicals. They cannot, however, survive prolonged exposure to extreme high heat temperatures in excess of 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
How It Works
Bed bugs are attracted to heat – that’s how they find their blood meal, their only source of food.
- Introduce Heat – We introduce heat in the affected area to eliminate all stages of bed bugs including eggs. BBD strategically places state-of-the-art bed bug heaters and high heat air movers in the treatment area in order to raise the temperature to 135 degrees Fahrenheit and ensure total heat saturation. All life stages, including eggs, die within minutes at 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Move Air – Specially designed air movers circulate heated air throughout the treatment area to ensure lethal temperatures are achieved in all areas, including cracks and crevices where bed bugs love to hide. Our technology provides us the ability to direct heat to areas identified as having higher infestation levels.
- Monitor Temperatures – Close monitoring is essential to a successful heat treatment. Temperatures are closely monitored using independent infrared technology to guarantee lethal temperatures have been maintained throughout the treatment process.
- Lethal temperatures of 120 degrees and above can eliminate a bed bug infestation in one visit, without the use of chemicals, allowing business and home owners to resume normal activity in the treatment area the same day.
Benefits Of Using Thermal Remediation
Thermal remediation is a fast, effective and ecologically friendly means of eradicating bed bugs in your property. Contact us to learn more or to schedule a consultation and inspection at your location.
- Safe – No harsh chemical exposure
- Fast – One 8 – 12 hour treatment and it’s done*
- Cost Effective – One treatment vs. multiple and no need to dispose of furniture that may be affected
- All Encompassing – Heat reaches areas that otherwise may not be physically accessible (inside walls, couches, mattresses, and box springs)
- Convenient – Untreated areas are still operational
*Content load, structural composition and square footage will dictate treatment time. Typical treatments take between 8 – 12 hours.
Greentech Certified Service Partner
Dr. Michael Linford of Greentech Heat Solutions literally wrote the book on bed bug heat treatments: Dr. Linford helped pioneer the research in the late 1980s on the application of heat specifically on insects and the thermal death points of living organisms. The GreenTech Certification program strictly follows the methods of Dr. Linford’s research for the Heat Treatment Field Guide.